Re: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel

Thanks!  All this makes sense, but I've missed it these last 6+ years (as have
my previous employers).

I also found the code references, with help from Mitch Sklar.  They are:

1996 BOCA 1913.1.3
1997 SBC 1914.1.7

I also noted the requirement for 9" embedment; I've used 8" in the past and
only switched to 12" in the last 2-3 years in conjuction with my adoption of a
1'-4" minimum footing thickness.

Thanks to you both.  I am appropriately humbled.

-Keith