RE: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal
- From: "Hyndman, Keith" <KHyndman(--nospam--at)engineeringsi.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:05:49 -0400
I think you are refering to "two #4 ties located within 4 inches from the top of the column or pier" Special provision for Anchor bolts in tops of columns BOCA 96' reference 1913.1.3
I believe this is an ACI requirement, but do not know the section off hand.
Keith Hyndman, P.E.
Engineering Solutions Inc.
436 Creamery Way, Suite 100
Exton, PA 19341
From: Keith Fix [mailto:kefix(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 10:43 AM
Subject: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal
I give up! I can't find it!
My boss remebers a code requirement for ties around anchor bolts for steel
columns and/or at the tops of concrete pedestals for steel columns. We have
only been able to find the requirement in the earthquake section of UBC 97, but
not for general loading or in any other code.
If anyone knows where this code requirement can be found, PLEASE REPLY!
Also, your usual practice and engineering judgement is also appreciated.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail - only $35
a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
* Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org ********
- Prev by Subject: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal
- Next by Subject: Re: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal
- Previous by thread: Re: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal
- Next by thread: microsoft outlook question