Re: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel

Keith:

I am not aware of any requirements in the 318 code.  The ties that you are
refering to are typically associated with anchor bolts, and since 318
currently does not really address the issue of anchor bolts, I don't
believe that 318 currently deals with this issue.

As you (and others) pointed out, section 1913.1.3 of the 1996 BOCA code
deals with this issue.  Also, section 1910.4.3 of the 2000 IBC code has
similar provisions, except it only applies to structures in Seismic Design
Catergories C, D, E, or F.

HTH,

Scott