RE: Use of Collar Ties in Light Frame Wo

Sorry, Dennis, but I think that you have a structural problem with the
garage roof that you are trying to convince yourself is non-structural.

I have always found that band-aids on band-aids have never cured the
underlying condition.

I have also felt that it is none of my business how anything that I do or
recommend affects a "deal."  I will give an unbiased, impartial report and if
somebody wants otherwise, they can go elsewhere.

Frequently, secondary prominent failures have caused people to stop looking
for the primary failure.

Good Luck!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona