Re: Tank Support Seismic Design

Mr. Yang
Try the American Water Works Associatin Manual for the design of water
tanks. My recollection is that the seismic factor is on the order of 0.58
Wp when considering the splash/pounding effect on the walls of the tank.  I
do not have the manual in my current Job.  Good luck.
Samir Y. Ghosn, P.E.
Harris & Associates