RE: Use of Collar Ties in Light Frame Wo

Roger,
I'm listening - where do you believe the problem might be or what I might do
to find it. I believe the only structural problem is the ceiling. There
appears to be no other indication on the exterior of the building to
indicate a wall out of plumb, a crack in any of the stucco to suggest that
the rafter tails are pushing through (not nailed to the rafter ties).
I just don't see it. The rafters are sized properly if considered simply
supported. Even a 25'-0" long 2x6 rafter tie is appropriate for no load. I
just don't see were there is a problem other that the cracked ridge board
which you believe is non-structural and the ceiling deflection which I
believe I adequately covered.
Am I really missing something here or attempting to condemn conventional
construction for performing within its limits. please be more specific.
If anyone else see's something I am missing, please let me know!!!

Thanks
Dennis