Re: ACI Code requirement: ties at steel column pedestal

Mr. Fix,
Presume for the moment it is not concrete, but rather reinforced masonry.
Anchor bolt ties at top of columns is found in UBC Sec. 2409 (b) 5. C.
Of course I am pulling it from the '88 edition, as finding it elsewhere represents
'research'.

I think your answer would be found in ACI-530 and related commentary from that
committee. Also, try ASCE 6-92.

Regards,
Steven A.