Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 11:18 AM
Subject: RE: Bridge Bent Cap Design Programs

Cap18 is TxDOT's old program, very hard to use ("formatted input"? What's that?) and not anywhere near up to date as far as code provisions.

When I was at Dannenbaum, we had some pleasing success with LEAP Software's "RC Pier LA" program. I believe their website is http://www.leapsoftinc.com/

Check it out.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company