Plate Washers

I have a steel framed canopy with a single row of columns and an inverted
gull wing (think of the WW2 Corsair wing) roof.  The columns are anchored to
drilled piers with 3/4" threaded rods.  The threaded rods were cast into the
pier foundations at an earlier time than the design/construction of the
canopy and were designed by a different company.  There is no record of the
grade and type of rod used so I assumed A36 to be conservative.

AISC section J3.2.e indicates the use of washers that completely cover the
slot and that they should be 5/16" thick min when using high strength bolts.

I am looking for some suggestions as to the size and thickness of the
washers.

On a similar line, how much of a grout pad would you allow below the base
plate?

Thanks

Nicholas Blackburn, PE