From: Nora Miller [mailto:nmiller(--nospam--at)browngay.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 11:26 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Bridge Bent Cap Design Programs

I am also looking into moving up (almost ANY move would be up) from TxDOT's antiquated program, CAP18.  One of the major drawbacks of RC Pier LA is that it does not design inverted-T bent caps.  I've been designing bridges for TxDOT for almost 5 years, and the majority of my bent design has been with inverted-T's.  Also, take into account that in most cases TxDOT states in their contracts that work is to be done with their approved software...