From: "Gerard Madden" <GMadden(--nospam--at)mplusl.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: Tilt Up systems

Walter,

no problem on the tilt-up references.

I don't think you'll find much to help you in those references if you are
trying to do a 4 story building from panels with WWF as the reinforcing. It
would be uneconomical to do a 3 story, let alone a 4 story tilt up. At
panels that tall, you need to be aware of stresses during lifting and the
actual weight of the panel ( 50 feet tall) may be too great for the standard
cranes to pick up and swing around. You also need a big slab to lay the
forms down on so you can fit them all. Otherwise it's stacked forms and
those can easily get messed up by an inexperience contractor.

I suggest you avoid tilt up for this type of structure if you are trying to
maintain the 4" thickness. What you are describing does not fit into the
standard definition of a tilt-up bldg in this country. Be careful & good
luck.

-gerard

>>> wsp(--nospam--at)terra.com.pe 06/07/01 04:44PM >>>
Gerard,

Thanks for your quick reply. We don't use tilt up here in Peru. We are
building 5 story welded wire mesh reinforced concrete 4 inch thick wall
buildings and the cost of the forms if very important in the total cost of
the building. So we are thinking about tilt up to lower this cost, but we
wondered about connections and thought there might be some system already
developed, that's what I meant by tilt up system providers.

I'll get the references you suggest.

Thanks a lot

Walter