Broken Tendons

Hi Everybody,

I've been asked to analyze a prestressed slab in which one of several
tendons has broken.  We have the actual (initial) elongations of the
tendons, and, assuming that everything is still in the elastic range, can
calculate the initial forces in each tendon.  Eliminating the broken tendon,
and comparing the required total force with the actual (initial) forces
indicate that the slab should be OK.  However, as I've never come across
this problem before, I'd like to find out if here is a common procedure to
check the adequacy of slabs (or beams, for that matter) in which a tendon
has broken.  Unfortunately, I don't have any more specific information right
now.

Thanks for any help.

John Dreger