We are using ASTM F1554 for our anchor bolts on a project in California
however we are only using grade 36 (which I would highly recommend unless
you just got to have the higher grades for a very specific reason). During
our bid process we did get some grumbling about testing; specifically
sections 14 through 17. There seems to be some confusion on which
tests/reports are required or optional. I would suggest that you clearly
define your testing requirements, if any, in your bid or spec documents.
Thomas Hunt, S.E.
----- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 06/08/01 02:55 PM -----
Feather" To: "SEAOC List" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
.rr.com> Subject: F1554 Weldability
I have a question concerning the new ASTM F1554 anchor rod specification.
Is only the F1554-55 available with a weldability supplement? Intuition
tells me F1554-105 is not available with weldability, but wouldn't that be
Also, If I spec the F1154 material in the Southern California area, will
it be available?
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org