Re: ACI 318 - request for comments for improvements

Davis,

Thanks for the clarification.  I wasn't sure if the committee was involved
with rest of the manual, but was sure that if I was wrong Charlie Carter
would correct me.

The one thing that I do know is that the parts of the AISC manual other
than the specifications and code are NOT "legal" documents.  That is, like
any software program that designs or checks steel, you use the design aids
at your own risk and you, the engineer of record, still bear the
responsibility of the design.  Basically, the only parts of the manual
that are legal documents that can be referenced/adopted by jurisdictions
as code are the specifications and code.

Scott Maxwell
Ypsilanti, MI