Glub! Glub! (Houston area pretty much under water)

For those who don't know:

Large parts of the Houston area got as much as 26" of rain overnight as the
remnants of tropical storm Allison stalled over southeast Texas. The
flooding has been unprecedented, especially hard-hit are the immediate
downtown areas.

The videotapes I've seen have shown floodwaters on major freeways up to the
level of the underpass bridge soffits--that'd be about 22' or so on average.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251