For those who don't know:
Large parts of the Houston area got as much as 26" of rain overnight as the
remnants of tropical storm Allison stalled over southeast Texas. The
flooding has been unprecedented, especially hard-hit are the immediate
The videotapes I've seen have shown floodwaters on major freeways up to the
level of the underpass bridge soffits--that'd be about 22' or so on average.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org