Re: ACI 318 - request for comments for improvements

Bill Polhemus wrote:

> You're an engineer. You are expected to have the "smarts" to handle these
> designs.
>
> If you have trouble, quit and become a plan-checker, or go get a computer
> and software, and learn how to use them.
>
> Sheesh.

Thanks for your kind comments.

I still hold that simplicity in a design code is a virtue.  Sorry if my
opinion differs from yours.

I don't want to see an opportunity go by where someone from ACI says
they are thinking of doing something about the complexity of their code,
and everyone here says "don't worry about it, we're not interested in
that."  It appears that their surveys are telling them something
different.

Rick Burch