Re: Deck Callout

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] We are retrofitting a 1960s era steel framed building with a deck callout we are unfamiliar with. The decking applies at a roof top mechanical equipment pad and is composed of 7.5' spans.

COFAR  4C24 w/ 4x12 - 5/10 WWF 3/4"  clr. top of slab & 5 ga wire in north - south direction w/ 2 1/2" lt. wt. concrete fill.
Any information on this system would be greatly appreciated.
Regards, Jim Lascola.

Cofar deck was manufactured by Granco Steel Products Company, a subsidiary of Granite City Steel Company.  It was  a composite deck that had a wire mesh welded to it. 4C24 indicates a slab thickness of 4" including deck, C indicates a "C" T-wire type and 24 indicates it has a 24 gage thickness.

I have copy of a 1965 catalog and would be willing to fax you some of it.  I will be out of the office Monday but should be back in Tuesday.  Email me you fax number privately and I will send you the Cofar design part of this catalog.

Davis Parsons