Re: Deck Callout

Jim,

	Let me take a try at it.

	COFAR 4C24 --- I don't recognize but I suspect it might be a
designation for cold formed sheet metal deck.  I t might be 4 inches
deep and 24 gage material; but don't count on this; I'm just guessing!

	w/  - - - - with.

	4x12 - 5/10 WWF -- welded wire fabric 4 inch by 12 inch with 5 gage
wires at 4 inches on centre and 10 gage wires at 12 inches on centre.
The fabric is placed 3/4 inch clear from the top of the slab.  The 5
gage wires span in the north/south direction.  The slab is 2.5  inches
thick (probably 2.5 inches plus the depth of the metal decking) made
with light weight concrete.

	If this is correct the 10 gage wire at 12 inch spacing seems like
insufficient reinforcing.

	I suggest that you check my interpretation out with local suppliers.

	Hope this is helpful.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson