RE: Time check

Internet time setting is not as accurate as modem synchronization. If you want astronomical accuracy you need to avoid internet settings which can be off by as much as 5 seconds. A good program is AccuSet. You can find them at http://www.retsik-software.com/

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: John P. Riley [mailto:jpriley485(--nospam--at)peoplepc.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 9:17 PM
To: Jim Fisher; Melisa Souden; Tyler Riley; Tara Riley; Pat Riley; Michael Riley; Linda Riley; Laura Riley; Dixie Riley; Chuck Riley; Tracy Haugh; Kristy Grohne; Michael Gallagher; Connie Gallagher; Toby D'Alessandro; Carrie Black; Brad & Lori Wheeler; Nancy Duffek; Jeremy Conaway; Don Chastain; Travis Benner; Mike Belmont; Mike Belmont; Kurt Fanderclai; Pat Mahar; Frank E. Stewart; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Time check

In the early 70's, when we first got digital watches, seems like every day someone in the office would call out to Colorado to check the time.  We wanted to be as accurate as possible, I guess in case we had to launch something into orbit.

By now, there must be a place on the internet to check time.  Anyone know where?

John P. Riley, PE, SE
Riley Engineering

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."  -Groucho Marx