I would like to ask for your comments on how to solve a man-induced
vibration on a pedestrian bridge.
The bridge is 30-m long, steel-truss pedestrian bridge with nearly 2 Hz
natural frequency and very light damping.
We are considering strengthening method but we are lacking of experience.
Installation of dampers is one of the solution but we want to know whether
strengthening works or not.
Other solutions are appreciate.
Thanks for sharing
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org