Sap2000 response

We use two loading patterns, the typical inverted triangle
pattern obtained using the UBC vertical mass distribution
formula, and a straight mass distribution.

The target displacement just tells the program how far to
push the building.  This is fairly arbitrary as long as you
push far enough to reach you performance points.  The larger
the specified target displacement the longer your run.

Mark Pemberton, P.E.