AIA General Conditions of the Contract for Construction (AIA Document A201)
says "The Contractor shall be solely responsible for and have control over
construction means, methods..."
Roger C. Davis
SDS Architects, Inc.
From: Michael Zaitz [mailto:mzaitz(--nospam--at)hgbd.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 7:19 AM
To: Structural Engineers Association
Subject: Means and Methods
Is there any document that states that the Means and Methods of
construction are the responsibility of the Contractor? I have been told
this many times but have not found anything in writing. The Code of
Standard Practice for Steel Buildings and Bridges seems to address this
to a small degree but it only applies to steel construction (have not
looked thru the ACI code yet).
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org