Re: Means and Methods

Mike,

You might want to review how your PE/SE licensing agency has defined Civil Engineering or/and Structural Engineering.  Usually means and methods of construction is not covered by your license.  You might find supervision of the construction  of engineering structures as part of civil engineering or structural engineering but limiting Engineer to check the construction for conformance with the plans and specs.

Shashi Bhakta

>>> mzaitz(--nospam--at)hgbd.com 06/12/01 05:19AM >>>
Hello,

Is there any document that states that the Means and Methods of
construction are the responsibility of the Contractor?  I have been told
this many times but have not found anything in writing.  The Code of
Standard Practice for Steel Buildings and Bridges seems to address this
to a small degree but it only applies to steel construction (have not
looked thru the ACI code yet).

Thanks

Mike