RE: Time Check

Title: RE: Time Check

Dennis:

I used to use AtomTime when it was freeware.  When it became shareware, I switched to something better.  I highly recommend AboutTime 4.8.  It does everything that AtomTime does, and then some.  Also, it remains unencumbered freeware.  You can download it at:

http://www.arachnoid.com/abouttime/index.html

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

Dennis Wish wrote:

The one that I particularly like is AtomTime 98 - an inexpensive shareware software that can also be loaded in your taskbar and set to automatically check and verify your system time against the national time server in Boulder, Colorado (USA) and retrieves the exact time - updating your system clock. You set the intervals, so if you have a DSL connection, you can synchronize times every 3 hours if you are really fanatic about it. This makes most computers more accurate time keepers than Rolex watches (which I never believed were any more accurate than my Citizen watches).

http://www.atomtime.com

Some of the features include:
Dial-up Networking support
Scheduling support (up to every three hours)
Multiple clock servers (in case one or more are not responding)
Time display options (local, GMT or actual server time)
Ticking Clock display
HTML Documentation
Full Installation Package
Registry Settings (32-bit)