I would think this would be more on the order of steam heat from an
off-site source such as a central steam plant or waste steam heat from a
> Dan Goodrich wrote:
> FEMA 310 has a checklist item that has the following statement:
> SHUT-OFF VALVES: Shut-off devices shall be present at building
> utility interfaces to shut off the flow of gas and high temperature
> energy in the event of earthquake-induced failure. (Tier 2: Sec.
> My question is, what exactly is considered high temperature
> energy? Does electricity fall under this category?
> Dan Goodrich, P.E.
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.
BBFM Engineers, Inc.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org