Re: Mega Library Online

Hans,

I think this sounds like the Structuralist website Dennis has been evolving this last year. For example, the sample calculations is something Dennis has recently brought up among others.

As far as the reference material like codes and such, there are copyright issues and NAPSTER analogies that would likely prohibit that. But yes, it would be nice. Unfortunately, most info we get free of charge is mostly through manufacturers who have product they want specified.

-gerard

>>> HBOGE(--nospam--at)boge-boge.com 06/12/01 11:43AM >>>
Is there any interest out there for an online library.

I find I spend so much time looking for information, I think it would be great to have a central online library.

Things in the library could include

design calculations
analysis techniques
various standards
building codes
various autocad details and sections

You should pay an annual fee to have access to the site and then download whatever information you need or want.

Does something like this already exist?

An comments welcome