STANDARD PRACTICE

Dear Fellowes:
I was wondering if there is any standard practice in the United States for a design document. Let me explain it better. Here in Mexico, the structural engineer must deliver a "memoria de cálculo" that would translate something like calculation proceedings or design proceedings.

Here, a structural engineer delivers that document besides the structural drawings. Here we do not have a standard practice for that and everyone makes it the way they please.

I would like to know if there's a document on the web or a book that explains me the creation and requirements of this document in the US. I don't know if you would like to or if it is permited, but if any of you could send me an example of how you work (maybe in a PDF) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

JJ