RE: Mega Library Online

The Structuralist.Net is building an online reference cybrary. The
information is extensive and as more information becomes available on the
Internet through various resources, I will provide the links as well as
information that is submitted specifically for storage on our web-host
server.

Presently, the Structuralist.Net is focused on engineering for non-essential
facilities and other low-rise buildings. Although we welcome discussions
pertinent to all areas of structural engineering, we are not in competition
with SEAINT but rather believe the Structuralist.Net offers services that
compliment the discussion here which have not been added to the SEAINT
website. This includes our growing Templates Library for MathCad,
Spreadsheets and TEDDS and other user created tools utilizing Visual Basic
and other programming tools.

New to the site is our Reference Cybrary which is under construction.
Currently, you must register on the site and request permission to join the
Cybrary. There is no charge or fee but until the members of the Cybrary
decide on the responsible use of the calculations, I will want to maintain
strict control of the information donated to use based on the terms of the
original engineers who work we present.

The intention of the cybrary is to provide reference path to each section of
the code required to be considered in the type of analysis presented. It is
for the practitioner who desires to understand the logic, intended
performance and intent of the code writers.

One of the motivations of the site is not to recreate the code, but to
provide an online "free" resource for professionals who wish to understand
the code and who seek to develop an understanding of how the analysis
relates to the performance of the materials.
Discussions are also tied to the references which may be important in the
code interpretation.

I invite anyone who wishes to spend some time browsing the site to do so.
The only thing to remember is that there are two major sites. The website is
dedicated to the Public, Professional and Students in the building industry.
The professional website contains two or three reference portals to useful
information such as material catalogs (online PDF files) and Code drafts.

The second site is the Discussion Forums - a Bulletin Board type forum where
various topics are discussed. The forums also contain Templates, Software
links, Software users forums (for peer-2-peer help), a Construction Hall of
Shame, and the latest information on lateral design of wood structures
including the most current published documents on perforated shearwalls.

Please feel free to browse and to send any comment or suggestion you have to
me at admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net. I will respond to your e-mails.

Regards,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
The Structuralist Administrator for:
http://www.structuralist.net
AEC-Residential Listservice
admin(--nospam--at)structuralist.net
(208) 361-5447 E-Fax
ICQ #95561393

discussion forums at"

http://www.structuralist.net/cgi-local/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Regi
ster

Please make sure that when you copy this link that you copy the entire link
beginning at http: and ending with Register. There should be no spaces
between any of the letters or characters.

subscription (always free). To subscribe please use the AutoList
subscription feature for the Polhemus.cc Listservices located at: