From: Juan José Treff De la Mora [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 1:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: STANDARD PRACTICE

Dear Fellowes:
I was wondering if there is any standard practice in the United States for a

design document. Let me explain it better. Here in Mexico, the structural
engineer must deliver a "memoria de cálculo" that would translate something
like calculation proceedings or design proceedings.

Here, a structural engineer delivers that document besides the structural
drawings. Here we do not have a standard practice for that and everyone
makes it the way they please.

I would like to know if there's a document on the web or a book that
explains me the creation and requirements of this document in the US. I
don't know if you would like to or if it is permited, but if any of you
could send me an example of how you work (maybe in a PDF) I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

JJ