No calculations required in TX, OK, LA, AR,MO,KS,GA,NC, MI ??? That explains why there is no plan check in Texas !
This seems very very bad .... I hope the New Madrid fault is dormant for a long time to come.
Seems like someone could very easily abuse this system and generate under-designed or grossly overdesigned structures.
>>> dparsons(--nospam--at)msc-engineers.com 06/12/01 02:55PM >>>
Paul Feather wrote:
> Here in the US we submit full copies of the design calculations with the
> construction drawings.
Not everywhere in the US. I have never had to submit calculations here in
Texas, nor in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas, Georgia, North
Carolina, or Michigan.
I would suggest contacting the local building official to determine the permit
Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA AEI
a practical structural engineer
in Fort Worth, Texas
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org