RE: What Exposure to use?

Jeff:

San Francisco Bay gets some big winds!   In fact the big winds should be
starting about next month.

We've seen 90 mph winds off of Angel Island.  We've been out in the bay in
about 55 mph winds with just a reefed mainsail and a 27,000 lb boat!  Not
to many years ago, a big tower went down from about 105 mph winds, if I
remember correctly.   I haven't designed anything at Belvedere, but we did
do a number of townhouses in Pacifica where we used exposure D before it
was required by the code.  There were storys of the contractors trailer
being blown over.

But Exposure D is pretty well explained in Section 1616 and has been around
a number of years, so I don't really understand why it comes up from Dennis
at this time.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates
shingle springs, california