Beam Camber

We frequently design long-span, one-way slab parking structures and specify
a minimum camber of 1.5" for the beam formwork.  The beams are typically on
the order of 60' long.  We have a current project where the formwork
supplier is objecting to the camber, noting that 1/2" or so is common and
can be achieved by simply jacking the forms.  We have been using 1.5" for
years and this is the first comment of this nature.  Does anyone have other
experiences/insight as to reasonable camber.  The forms are standard steel
cunningham-type beam forms, 14" wide at the bottom w/ 1:30 side draft and a
total depth from bottom of beam to top of slab of 35".

Nicholas Blackburn, PE