Biaxial Bending Concrete Beam

I am checking a biaxial bending concrete beam for meeting shear requirements.  The beam is rectangular and has shear forces in both the x and y directions.  If I find the resultant of the shear, I don't know what to use for d or b (especially d for min. stirrup spacing).  Another option would be to assume that Vux/phiVnx + Vuy/phiVny <= 1.0.  I think that the latter option might be too conservative.  Any help with a code reference or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris Towne, P.E.
St. Albans, WV