RE: STANDARD PRACTICE

Again, I don't see this as having a demonstrable connection with "no plan
checking/no calculations submitted." I guess I happen to feel that most
engineers of my acquaintance are diligent in their duties.

Besides, when it comes to houses floating out to sea or being blown apart by
hurricane winds, bear in mind that nearly all those structures are built
using the prescriptive provisions of the various building/housing codes.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251