Re: rebar detectors

Scott,

Try Protovale at www.protovale.co.uk or Hilti FS10 Ferroscan System at www.us.hilti.com.

Both systems are good.  We have used it on various facilities to measure the bar cover and to locate bars.  We did not get around estimating the bar sizes.

Shashi Bhakta
Bureau of Engineering
City of LA

>>> melnick(--nospam--at)blacksquirrel.net 06/13/01 12:30PM >>>
I'm curious what people are using to find rebar and determine the size in
existing buildings--as well as how good the various systems are. I'm looking
for manufacturers and systems.

Thanks,

Scott Melnick
Black Squirrel Communications