Try Protovale at www.protovale.co.uk or Hilti FS10 Ferroscan System at www.us.hilti.com.
Both systems are good. We have used it on various facilities to measure the bar cover and to locate bars. We did not get around estimating the bar sizes.
Bureau of Engineering
City of LA
>>> melnick(--nospam--at)blacksquirrel.net 06/13/01 12:30PM >>>
I'm curious what people are using to find rebar and determine the size in
existing buildings--as well as how good the various systems are. I'm looking
for manufacturers and systems.
Black Squirrel Communications
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org