There are a number of Non-Destructive equipments available to Trace rebar
diameter & spacing in existing concrete. One such equipment i have used is
called "PROFOMETER". Such equipments are marketed by the following
1) CONTROLS of Italy
2) ELLE INTERNATIONAL, based in U.K & Italy.,
Others, you will find details in any Civil Engineering Magazine.
SYED FAIZ AHMAD, MENGG, Mem ASCE
SENIOR STRUCTURAL ENGINEER
SAUDI OGER LTD
RIYADH, SAUDI ARABIA.
From: Scott Melnick <melnick(--nospam--at)blacksquirrel.net>
To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: rebar detectors
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:30:45 -0500
I'm curious what people are using to find rebar and determine the size in
existing buildings--as well as how good the various systems are. I'm
for manufacturers and systems.
Black Squirrel Communications
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org