Re: rebar detectors

Scott,

Fisher Research Laboratory of Los Banos CA (209-826-3292) makes metal detectors.  I have the Fisher M-scope Model 100.  They have other models.  This one is not calibrated to allow detailed assessment of size or depth.  It cost me $320 in 1994. Until I bought it, I used to rent a similar rebar detector from a Cal-Gold, a shop in Pasadena, CA that sells equipment for hobby prospecting and mining: about $15 per day.

If you buy one, plan to spend some time learning the equipment by hiding and 'finding' before you go to the job with it.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net