From: syed faiz ahmad [mailto:syedfaiz23(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 4:41 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: thill(--nospam--at)tkarch.com
Subject: Re: Fly Ash

Gentlemen
Fly ash is a Pozzolana. It has a  long  trusted history of uses as:
- as an agent for better workability
- as a water reducer agent in concrete
- as an agent to replace Cement partially, so as to effect cost
  economics of concrete.
- as an agent to control temperature cracks in mass concrete, resulting
  out of exothermic reaction due to hydration process.
- as an agent to fight against sulphates & chlorides in soil
- so on & so forth.
My question is:
      - why you want to use fly ash in light weight concrete? In simple
        what is the objective of using it?
      - Is the light weight concrete STRUCTURAL or NON-STRUCTURAL?
Unless this is answered, it will be difficult to defend your case for use of

fly ash in the concrete perse.