RE: Fastener for presure treated wood

I don't understand the rationale here.

In the first place, I assume that galvanized or other "protected" fasteners
are specified to be used with treated wood because it is understood that
they will be in the same kind of harsh environment that warrants the use of
treated wood.

Sill plates are required to be treated wood, because it is assumed that will
be a "harsh environment" (ask those who are now replacing all their
baseboards and sheetrock in Houston these days).

Ergo, why should we not consider that galvanized or other "protected"
fasteners will be needed at sill plates as well? Consider this a naive
question.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas