Q: Short Circuit Transfer for GMAW[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Q: Short Circuit Transfer for GMAW
- From: "Bill Polhemus" <bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:08:47 -0500
I am reviewing a set of notes on an existing structural drawing (I like to look at what other engineers have felt were important to include in the general notes. I nearly always learn something).
I have come across one that has me puzzled: "Short circuit transfer for the Gas Metal Arc Welding process is not permitted."
Now, I'm no expert on the GMAW method, but I thought this was just one of two or three GMAW methods that are commonly used. Can anyone tell me why it should be excluded from consideration? A perusal of the AWS Handbook on this topic told me nothing that I could possibly construe as a problem with this particular GMAW method.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Q: OSB vs. Plywood
- Next by Subject: Re: Q: Short Circuit Transfer for GMAW
- Previous by thread: Re: OSHA 4-Bolt Column Requirements and Pre-Engineered Buildings
- Next by thread: Re: Q: Short Circuit Transfer for GMAW