Re: how do I deal with soil type Sf

I think it is a little more complicated than that.  You should use an
acceleration value that is the largest within
a range of periods near the calculated period.  It may be the peak
acceleration.

Refer to 1631.5 (1997 UBC).  You have to use a least 90% of what you would
get using section 1630.2.

You still need to include the importance factor.

You also need to check the equivalent of Equation (30-6).

Read Section 1631- Dynamic Procedures and look at Figure 16-3 for more
information.

"Gary Becker" <gary(--nospam--at)johnwparkin.com> on 06/14/2001 11:47:12 AM