Re: STANDARD PRACTICE

Stan wrote:

In Texas, we police our own.  State law requires that all PEs report suspected violations.  Last year, I filed a complaint against a structural engineer who, on behalf of a contractor, tried to subvert the permitting process on one of my projects.  Earlier this year, the Texas PE Board suspended that engineer's PE license for three years, fined him $5,000, and forced him to attend a remedial course in engineering ethics.  Considering his age, this punishment probably amounts to a forced retirement.  The incident happened during construction, and would not have been discovered through a plan check or calculation review.

Stan,   in what way did the other engineer try and subvert the permitting process?  (Readers digest condensed version)

Paul Feather