I have a problem that would be resolved by using a set for my steel joists
that is a non-standard height. In this situation, I would like to use a seat
that is 3-1/2" rather than the standard 2-1/2". I have never had occasion to
require this before, and I'm wondering: Are there are caveats involved? Is
the added expense for this such that other alternatives should be considered
Thanks for any input.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org