RE: Non-Standard Joist Seat

A long time ago, a Vulcraft rep told me that to use a 5" end on a short span
joist added about $2.50 per location and that to use a non-standard height
added about $5.00 per end.  I decided that for $5.00, I probably couldn't
come up with a cheaper solution so I used a non-standard end.  I haven't
checked on what inflation has done to that price but I figure that inflation
has affected everything else similarly.  I use non-standard ends whenever it
seems like the simplest way to handle a problem and have never had a
complaint about it.

Roger C. Davis
Architect
SDS Architects, Inc.