Re: Q: Non-Standard Joist Seat

Bill,

	I've done this many times without any complaints from the fabricators.
An alternative would be to weld a block of 1 inch thick plate to the top
of your beam (or to the underside of their joist) but I think this would
be more expensive than just changing the joist seat height.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson