Re: Q: Non-Standard Joist Seat

Bill

In various discussions with Vulcraft on this subject, this type of seat
change is essentially a no cost item.  I have done this to create sloped
roofs from uniform horizontal bearing surfaces.  The one limitation that
Vulcraft noted relative to seat height was not over half the joist
height.

--
Forrest T. Braun, P.E.