From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 2:45 PM
To: SEAINT
Subject: Q: Non-Standard Joist Seat

I have a problem that would be resolved by using a set for my steel joists
that is a non-standard height. In this situation, I would like to use a seat
that is 3-1/2" rather than the standard 2-1/2". I have never had occasion to
require this before, and I'm wondering: Are there are caveats involved? Is
the added expense for this such that other alternatives should be considered
first?

Thanks for any input.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company