From: Mark D. Anderson PE [mailto:mark(--nospam--at)alaskaengineer.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 11:26 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: OSHA 4-Bolt Column Requirements and Pre-Engineered Buildings

Has any one determined how the new OSHA 4-bolt requirement for column anchoring (Federal Register 63:43451-43513) will be applicable to the metal building industry?   Specifically for the primary frames?  Historically, most of these buildings, at least the small to mid-size ones, have a two bolt anchorage, with a light baseplate.

It appears that the MBMA was represented in the proceedings, but I cannot readily see where their products are exempted.

Thank you

Mark D. Anderson  PE
Anchorage, AK