RE: Non-Standard Joist Seat

I always use non-standard 3" seats on K series joists when I have a
panelized roof. With a 3x nailer this gives me a system depth of 5.5" which
allows me to use a 6x nailer on those girders where it is required. I also
use non-standard 5" seats wher K's abut LH's on the same girder. It has
never been an issue with the suppliers.