RE: Non-Standard Joist Seat

Several people have mentioned this, but I'm picking on you 'cause I like you
so much. :->>

Who in h*** depends on the joist seats to transfer the diaphragm loads? I
guess I'm way too conservative, then, because I ALWAYS use a collector
element. I NEVER rely on the joist seats for this purpose.

Am I just being too anal-retentive on this score?

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas
Phone 281-492-2251